You have no items in your shopping cart.
The K1050X Plasma Treatment Unit consists of a solid state RF generator and associated tuning circuits, dual process gas flow monitoring needle valve control and full or restricted vent control.
It has a cylindrical chamber with a rack out drawer system for ease of sample loading.
The vacuum system is a dual stage separate rotary vacuum pump or optional turbo pump backed by diaphragm pump.
The rack out drawer system can be exchanged for a vacuum loading port, for special cleaning applications in SEM/TEM.
This usually employs an oxygen/argon mix of gases, the oxygen removing the organic material (hydrocarbons) and the argon giving a surface etching of the sample.
- Asbestos sample preparation
- Microincineration of organic material
- Etching of organic samples for SEMandTEM work
- Removal of Photoresist and electronic component encapsulations
- Surface treatment of plastics
- Cleaning of SEM/TEM sample holders
- Solid state RF generator and associated tuning circuits
- Fully automatic control
- Rack out drawer
- Dual process gas flow
- Compact bench-top system
- Low temperature ashing process
- Easy to operate
- Easy loading/removal of samples
- Can select a mixture of gases
- Space saving
Specification of the K1050X Plasma Unit:
- Instrument case: 450mm W x 350mm D x 300mm H.
- Barrel work chamber: 'Pyrex' 160mm L x 110mm dia. (Borosilicate Glass as standard.)
- Rack out drawer: Sliding draw assembly with sample holder tray.
- Plasma output: RF power supply - Solid state 150 Watt RF peak, normal operating range 25 to 75 Watt @ 13.56mhz.
- (Note: The frequency used is that allocated by the International Standards CISPR as an allowed 'industrial' frequency.)
- Vacuum gauge: active gauge head with fully operating vacuum range display (ATM to 1x10-5 mbar. Full scale - normal operating vacuum 0.5mbar to1.0mbar)
- Digital timer unit: Displays elapsed time with range select: 99.9Hours. Automatic termination of ashing process.
- Dual gas flow gauges: Dual gas needle valve flow control, selectable for 1 or 2 or both gasses (calibrated 5 to 100cm3/minute Air @ A.T.P.)
- Weight: 25kg.
- Supply: 230Volts 50Hz (5 amp max. including. pump)
- Services: Process gas at nominal 5 psi, (0.33bar)
- Recommended vacuum pump: No. 3 pump (with a synthetic oil 'Fomblin' for oxygen or corrosive process gases.) 2m3/Hr