You have no items in your shopping cart.
PTFE tubing inner diameter is 6.35mm (1/4"). The inner tube is smooth PTFE, and this is covered with braided stainless steel. The SS braid avoids kinks, reduces abraiding and increases high pressure capacity.
PTFE has natural lubricity, very strong chemical resistance (corrosive fluid pipe), it is compatible and is precision extruded to a close tolerance. It is suitable for high temperature use. PTFE is the common name for Teflon which is a registered trademark by DuPont.
PTFE tubing is produced from 100% PTFE resin by the plunger extrusion process. Of all known plastics PTFE has the highest chemical resistance and the best dielectric performance.
This tubing may be used to insulate HV wires, transport strong solvents and other liquid chemicals - very hot or cold, use the line for liquid nitrogen, and as pressure or vacuum tubing with Swagelok or other fittings.
Cutting braided tubing: the SS braiding is tight and very strong. When cutting this tubing use a small diameter fibre blade designed for cutting SS. The blade may be used in an angle grinder or with a simple adapter in a drill. To obtain a nice clean cut apply adhesive tape where the tubing is to be cut.
- Pressure rating up to 142 PSI; bursting pressure for 6.35mm braided is 3000 PSI.
- Temperature rating from -180 deg. C to +260 deg. C.
- Lubricity - Lowest coefficient of friction of any polymer
- Chemically resistant to all common solvents, acids and bases
- PTFE tubing is chemically inert.
- Dielectric insulation properties.
Tubing is supplied in continuous length to order.